11.13.2008

Family Business

After nearly six long years, I have reconnected with my little sister today. My excitement and joy are beyond description. I thought for certain that I had seen the last of her, but indeed she exists in her native N.C. and is not only all grown up these days, but she is also a full six inches taller than me. I had a delightful time stalking her on Myspace while we caught up a little via my favorite form of communication: the text message. 

I'd like to take a moment to digress so that I may wax poetic about my love of txting. Its title is quite apt; dropping that one innocent e makes typing the word more expedient. Why bother taking the time to look up a contact, press Send, enjoy the music while your party is reached (which is usually a shitty recording of a shitty song), in order to communicate to said party that you wish to know "wuz up"? In the same time frame I can use txting to recite a minorly abbreviated version of War and Peace to my chum and still discover just WHAT is up. 

Anyway, my sis, who I will call S for the purpose of this blog as she is still a minor, has tuned into this incredibly cute teenager who is apparently a very skilled equestrian. The last time I saw her, she was roughly 10 or 11 so it came as quite a shock to see present-day pictures of her. She actually looks like SHE could feasibly be the older sibling. I am looking forward to getting to know my sister again.

In related news, my little brother officially has facebook. It's a big day. 




No comments: